Friday, October 10, 2014

Internal and External Motivations

Second blog reading by Isaiah Hankel, “6 Healthy Ways To Hulk Smash Your Competition Into Oblivion”. After reading the first two paragraphs, something popped in my head that I am competitive. Only recently I’ve admitted it to myself and proven myself during Maximum Performance Yoga certification, Yoga for Athletes. We were practicing our teaching techniques to the class, I was in the zone doing the High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT and I loved it. I felt energized and balanced, not extremely hyped. When I enjoy something, I tend to overexert to a point of injuring myself. Yoga for Athletes seems to work to my advantage, energized and balance!
Rule 3 “The Blunt Force Trauma Technique” The 10 year rule, I’ve heard it before, it sort of discouraged me, frankly. After this blog, I found hope, now it’s just a matter of doing it/working on it/practice. Hope to accomplish things in my life, be it small or big. I may not be a master of what I am doing now but I will master myself and the rest will follow.
Rule 4 “The Loose Canon Technique.” “Increasing your risk tolerance will not only blast you ahead of your competitors, it will help you develop leadership skills and improve self-confidence.” I have been told that I take the long way but I get to my destination. I believe because I pine on it for a bit, learn and move on then do something different, which may or may not work. Now I know what she meant, I take 2 steps forward then take 1 step back when an obstacle presents itself. I’m more aware of this now than before. So props to me! “Be passionate about your goals but refuse to let your value rely on anything external.” Something I have to remember at all times, as mention yesterday I rely a lot on external motivations rather than internal motivation…. ME!!!!!
Rule 5. The Divide And Conquer Technique “All of your rivals will fall to the way side if you set your standards high enough and choose to be your own competition.” I never put it that way, to be my own competitor! This will help me to think differently and shift elsewhere.
Rule 6. The Excision Technique “The quickest way to make even your biggest competitors obsolete is to change your prizes. In other words, alter the awards, or goals, that you are aiming for in life.” I reward myself when I accomplished things even the tiniest matter. Now if I can combine rule 5 and 6, we have something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment